Wifi is driving me crazy all week, hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2018
My Wifi has worked great for years but has been acting really funny as of late... it use to be really, very fast but then it slowed down by alot so I changed my password & downloaded a program that shows all the devices connected to the network. It showed me quite a few devices that were connected at the current time but I couldn't account for them, so I thought somebody may be hacking my internet when I noticed I was getting kicked off

And then it was asking for my WiFi password when I tried to get back on (which it never does) but THEN a neighbor said they were all having the same issue.

When I tried to connect it would say "Some information has changed & we need your WiFi password" So at first I would type in my password & it would let me online but kick me out periodically. Now it hasn't been accepting my password for the last few hours & I can't get on the Wifi.

Unfortunately at this hour I can not contact my ISP but I fully intend to tomorrow. Just wanted to know if anybody knew of a fix for this tonight or if somebody might know just what the heck is going on around here lately. I ran multiple virus scans, rootkits ect... nothing

Any help would be appreciated thanks so much

Solution
If you think there is an issue with your security on the router, go into the management of the router and at least change the admin password, and change the WiFi password as well. Doing a factory reset is not a bad idea, and check for updated firmware.
If you think there is an issue with your security on the router, go into the management of the router and at least change the admin password, and change the WiFi password as well. Doing a factory reset is not a bad idea, and check for updated firmware.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.