wifi is driving me mad

gazza_bib

Commendable
Sep 15, 2017
Hello,

I have fibre broadband from EE and im using the EE hub which seems pretty good.
Im running 2 PC's both connected using wireless dongles to connect to the router.
Also an Ipad and a TV box all connected also.

My issues is that everything else is 100% stable. No drops and a connection i would expect, but my main gaming PC is being an absolute nightmare.
I recently moved home and prior to this i was connecting 2 PC's using ethernet.
This is now not an option as it wouldnt be practical to run the cable through the house.

The PC with the issue has these symptoms,
Full signal connected to the router but no internet.
Full signal connected to the router and connected to the internet but it does nothing.
75% signal and not connected to the router.

I unplug the USB wifi adapter plug back in, i then have a minor respite where i have internet for 30 seconds, and then nothing.

Both Pc's are in the same room.
1 is running a netgear wifi dongle and the gaming 1 is running a newer lynksys 1.

I have uninstall, reinstall, changed power management, plugged it into the front and back USB 2 and 3 and still i cannot work this out.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, ive been trouble shooting for a month and im at the end of my tether with it.

Thanks

Gaz

Solution
agree swapping the adapters between PCs would be a good check to see if the problem follows the adapter.

a couple of suggestions / workarounds:

Connect a lan cable between the two PCs and setup ICS on the one with working internet (if you don't mind having both PCs running).

Setup and old router as a Client Bridge and connect one or both PCs to it (some routers can do this with the stock firmware)
agree swapping the adapters between PCs would be a good check to see if the problem follows the adapter.

a couple of suggestions / workarounds:

Connect a lan cable between the two PCs and setup ICS on the one with working internet (if you don't mind having both PCs running).

Setup and old router as a Client Bridge and connect one or both PCs to it (some routers can do this with the stock firmware)

Solution