May 21, 2019
Hey guys,

I have "MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC" Motherboard with built-in WIFI, its "dual band " and I'm connected to the 5Ghz network.
Anyway since the day I got this PC the WIFI is so weak even though our network is Fiber with an average of Ping 3 and speed 80-110 Mbps,
when I do speed tests my PC gives me an average speed of 4-5 Mbps and the maximum it ever got was 12 Mbps, my Samsung mobile
though gives me average of 80-90 Mbps from the same spot of my PC and while connected to the same network.

I don't know what the problem might be, all my PC driver are up-to-date as well as the windows.
If anyone can help me solve this issue cause it's a major disability since I download huge size files and it takes forever;
(I tried using a Ethernet cable a couple of time but still barely reaches 40 Mbps and its not convenient my PC is a bit far from the Router)

Thank you ^-^

RayOfDark

Reputable
May 16, 2019
Maybe. I don't know how well your motherboard model's WiFi typically performs, but having the original antenna inside an earthed steel case doesn't seem like a very bright idea.

May 21, 2019
Maybe. I don't know how well your motherboard model's WiFi typically performs, but having the original antenna inside an earthed steel case doesn't seem like a very bright idea.
no the antena is outside of the case you can remove it and put it at any time there are two antennas one wifi and one bluetooth

BringerOfTea

Reputable
external USB Wifi adapters are usually garbage--- I'm rocking The Asus PCE-AC88 AC3100 PCI-E Adapter... although my motherboard has wifi built into it... I cannot recommend it enough. It cost though, but with the amount you already spent on the motherboard, I would definitely not get an external USB adapter... that's for grandmas who need to check on what Barbara is doing this weekend if she is free for bingo.