Wifi is not working

Gloria_14

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
I built a gaming computer and ever since i built it, the WiFi sometimes is working how it should be and then the next time i turn on the computer it does not work, and can barely even load the internet.

Here is the specs maybe its because of one of them

motherboard is msi gaming 970
CPU AMD fx 8320
graphics card is a r9 390 msi
and i have a tp link n900 for wireless internet

Solution
Two ("to") internet services - two wireless networks/ISPs?

Start by checking the network adapter settings to be sure that they match the intended router. E.g., if speed and duplex are "Auto" then change to a matching manual setting. Or vice versa - if manual try auto.

If there are two wireless networks they may be interferring with each other. Temporarily shut the other one down and see if performance improves on the remaining network. Optionally, look at what frequencies (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) and channels are being used and possibly overlapping.

The objective is to eliminate as many possiblities as you can and isolate the performance problem.

Ralston18

Titan
Check that the PCIe card is correctly and fully seated.

So your wifi service is inconsistent - it works sometimes but not at other times. Correct?

Does that apply only to your gaming computer? How many other wireless devices and networks are around? Who manages the router? What make and model router? How far away is the router; what is, if anything, in between the router and your computer?

Try changing the adapter antenna angles around.

If the computer is on the floor temporarily raise the computer up higher to see if wireless connectivity becomes more constant.

Consider antenna extensions to allow repositioning for better reception.

Gloria_14

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016

all of the other devices i once never had a problem, heck the laptop i had the other day was just fine. The router is only id say 6 feet away. I will also say that i have to internet services in my house and it is substantially more slower on both of them. like the download speeds are around 15kb per second and normally it is around 600kb per second

Ralston18

Titan
Two ("to") internet services - two wireless networks/ISPs?

Start by checking the network adapter settings to be sure that they match the intended router. E.g., if speed and duplex are "Auto" then change to a matching manual setting. Or vice versa - if manual try auto.

If there are two wireless networks they may be interferring with each other. Temporarily shut the other one down and see if performance improves on the remaining network. Optionally, look at what frequencies (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) and channels are being used and possibly overlapping.

The objective is to eliminate as many possiblities as you can and isolate the performance problem.

Solution