Wifi is slow just on laptop, other devices work fine, and when plugged into ethernet laptop is fast

alscook11

Prominent
Apr 13, 2017
So over the past couple months the internet speed on my laptop when connected to wifi has slowed down substantially. I have an HP laptop. Many times i try to browse the web and is says my DSN server isnt responding. Ill restart my computer a few times and then it'll start working but it has download speeds of less than 1 mbs. All other devices like phones, tablets, and my fire tv stick have no issues with the wifi and have great speeds. If I connect my laptop directly to my modem/router it has great speeds of 60mbs+. So it is definitely something with my laptops wireless connection. All my wireless drivers are updated. I'm using my computer rightt next to my router and all diagnostics come back great saying I have 90%+ signal strength. The connection is great and yet my speeds are terrible. I've also connected to different wifi sources and they always produce speeds of less than 3 mbs. Is there a problem with my wireless hardware on the computer or is there something i can do to fix this problem? Everything else with my computer is running fine and fast. Just my internet when on wifi is slow.