Question WIFI is very unstable

May 17, 2020
Hello, I'm uncertain whether the problem lies with the network drivers or not, but it most likely is.

I have an ASUS FX 505 DU which uses a WIFI Driver called Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC.
I've had this laptop for about 7 or so months now but the problem only started around 2 - 3 months ago but my own ISP was having problems so I could'nt confirm whether it was this or that. Now, however, I'm quite certain.
There are times where my WIFI disconnects and when I try to reconnect, either it tells me that I cannot connect to the WIFI I was connected to or there are no network available.
I have no idea if my thermals are connected to this but this is a rare / uncommon problem when I'm doing something light or playing games where I can keep my thermals low. But when I play something heavy (i.e Rainbow Six Siege) where the thermals are 10 - 20c higher than most games I play - the internet would always go out which makes me unable to play even for 10 minutes.

I usually fix this by doing Troubleshoot Network to reset the "Wi-Fi Adapter" and it usually gives me "DNS Gateway is not available" and sometimes it says the hardware or something along those lines is experiencing problems and it gets fixed. However, there are times where things really go bad and after the Wi-Fi Adapter, it doesn't go back at all. Instead, it says connection is broken, connect to an internet, etc etc. then when I look at the Device Manager and check the network drivers properties - it gives me this message: "Device does not exist (Code 10)".

I've tried resetting my Wi-Fi and re-installing my drivers. Does anyone know how to fix this? It's quite an annoying problem because it stops me from playing certain games because the internet just keeps shutting off. Do I need to replace the Wi-Fi card?

That laptop for some reason has issues with wireless, I have the same model, replaced it with an Intel one and it still disconnected often. I used an external one for most of my time using it and it worked much better. I would suggest a USB wifi card, the one I had was old and it still worked better than both onboard ones. So far from testing the Netgear AC adapters are very good, although on the pricey side at $50 and up.

May 17, 2020
That laptop for some reason has issues with wireless, I have the same model, replaced it with an Intel one and it still disconnected often. I used an external one for most of my time using it and it worked much better. I would suggest a USB wifi card, the one I had was old and it still worked better than both onboard ones. So far from testing the Netgear AC adapters are very good, although on the pricey side at $50 and up.

Is there a reason why it only started 2 - 3 months ago though? It was very stable on the first few months.
Also, it is only common or rather it always occurs when I enter 90c temps or so for a few minutes.

Last edited:
Is there a reason why it only started 2 - 3 months ago though? It was very stable on the first few months.
Also, it is only common or rather it always occurs when I enter 90c temps or so for a few minutes.

If it happens when system get too hot then it could be the card is just failing then due to the heat, it may also be a connector issue since heat expands materials. System heats up, the connection becomes a bit loose. If you use the laptop without moving it for a while I would suggest a USB network card instead of buying another internal one, you will have a greater chance of a fix and likely to get better speeds.

May 17, 2020
If it happens when system get too hot then it could be the card is just failing then due to the heat, it may also be a connector issue since heat expands materials. System heats up, the connection becomes a bit loose. If you use the laptop without moving it for a while I would suggest a USB network card instead of buying another internal one, you will have a greater chance of a fix and likely to get better speeds.
Okay. I'll give it a try. Do all USB Network Card have a CD to install the network drivers? This laptop doesn't have any CD input or whatever you call those.

May 17, 2020
Just coming back to this, I think both are actually happening to me. When the network card is on high heat, I lose internet so I suppose I could attribute that to the failing Wi-Fi card. When I move the laptop, I also lose internet so I guess that means there's a connector issue? A friend of mine has the same model, just a different GPU, apparently he fixed the loss of internet (second issue) by screwing the card further because apparently it wasn't screwed properly.