[SOLVED] WiFi Issues After Restarting My Router... Only for My PC??

May 24, 2019
Router: Netgear R6400v2
WiFi Card: TP-Link Archer T6E
Full PC specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XXg6Cb

Short and sweet: Used my new PC on my home WiFi fine for weeks. I restart the router, then my PC cannot connect to my WiFi anymore. I get the "can't connect to network" error. All other devices connect just fine like before. I've already reinstalled the latest drivers for my WiFi card, didn't do anything. Restarted the router a second time, I was able to connect but it was extremely slow and shortly after dropped connection permanently, the "can't connect to network" error returning. What's the issue here? Thanks.

Update: I can connect to my phone's WiFi hotspot, but still not my home WiFi. Using Connectify on my laptop with my home wifi shows I can connect to that on other devices, but not with my PC.

Last edited:
Solution
Well, sometimes the simplest options are the ones that work. I moved my PC when I restarted the router to mess with some components, and it wasn't in the same spot in my setup when I put it back. That was why. No joke. Moved it 2 inches backwards and it's been going strong for an hour now.
May 24, 2019
Well, sometimes the simplest options are the ones that work. I moved my PC when I restarted the router to mess with some components, and it wasn't in the same spot in my setup when I put it back. That was why. No joke. Moved it 2 inches backwards and it's been going strong for an hour now.

Solution