[SOLVED] Wifi Issues on a 2011 MBPro... which part is probably broken?

al92

Reputable
Oct 29, 2017
The Wifi on my late-2011, 13" MBPro hasn't worked for a while so I've been using a USB dongle, but this isn't reliable and as I've only got 2 USB ports anyway, I'd like to fix the problem.

At the moment, when I click on the wifi icon on the top toolbar, it simply says 'No hardware installed'.

My thought is that it's either the airport board, the airport cable (to the motherboard) or the aerials. Does anyone know if there's a sure-fire way to check which it is? I don't want to go to the trouble of buying a new airport board and cable if the aerials are knackered, because I really don't fancy the job of dismantling the display to replace the aerials.

Cheers!

Solution
Cable failure is very rare unless you took it apart and it stopped working afterward. Definitely not the antennae. For reasons already stated. I'd just replace the card and motherboard cable. Should be cheap enough on eBay. Not worth wasting time doing the card then cable.
Cable failure is very rare unless you took it apart and it stopped working afterward. Definitely not the antennae. For reasons already stated. I'd just replace the card and motherboard cable. Should be cheap enough on eBay. Not worth wasting time doing the card then cable.

Solution