Wifi issues with smartphones

hushkin

Reputable
Mar 2, 2014
Hi

As the title might give away I'm having some problems related to smartphones and my D-Link DIR-635.

The situation is as follows: My laptop has no problems to connect to the router and maintain a constant data throughput. But when I connect my (or any other) smartphone (LG G2) it does not work properly. Friends that connect their phones have the same issues, my previous phone also had this issue (Nokia E-72).
The first 5 seconds you are able to surf the web or any other Internet-based application but after those initial 5 seconds it just stops working all together. It does not disconnect nor does it give any indication message that something went wrong but from that point on I am unable to connect to the web. Although every couple of minutes it is able to reinitialize the connection and then it works again... for 5 seconds. The laptop maintains a normal connection even when the phone is connected to the same network, so to the me, it looks like a problem in the D-Link firmware.

Product: D-Link DIR-635
Firmware Version: 2.34EU
Hardware Version: B3

I've had this problem for quite some time now, I've tried the following:

• Updating the firmware
    Changing the wifi channel
    Disabling 802.11n / g (one by one)
    Reverting to the default profile

Try turning off other network devices one by one just to make sure they are not causing dhcp addressing issues or any other issue on the network.

If that does nothing for you, then it seems like you will just have to replace the router.
You changed firmwares, changed wireless type and encryption types, reverted to default, you are trying different phones with different operating systems on them.

TRENDING THREADS