[SOLVED] Wifi jumping up and down with no fixes.

Nov 24, 2020
Currently running a Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I as my network adapter and every time I try to play a game (tested on around 10 different games from fps to mmorpgs), my ping is around 400-999+.
Did a DSL test for my network and it failed as my ping went above 1000. Any fixes? Has been going on for a month now and no other devices are affected.

Solution
If the problem is actualy wifi you haver very few options. The standard try another channel on the router and/or try the other radio band 2.4 or 5. You can also limit the bandwidth to 20mhz. Almost all wifi problems are caused by interference from outside your house.

Try to connect via ethernet and rerun the tests. This will show you if the problem only happens on wifi or if maybe there is some issue with your internet connection or something else.
If the problem is actualy wifi you haver very few options. The standard try another channel on the router and/or try the other radio band 2.4 or 5. You can also limit the bandwidth to 20mhz. Almost all wifi problems are caused by interference from outside your house.

Try to connect via ethernet and rerun the tests. This will show you if the problem only happens on wifi or if maybe there is some issue with your internet connection or something else.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS