[SOLVED] Wifi keeps disconnecting

Jul 7, 2020
Starting about a month ago, I began to have some internet issues. I use a USB wireless adapter, and about every 15-20 seconds, my internet will drop off before recovering a few seconds later. This makes pretty much any game requiring an online connection unplayable and pretty much anything else requiring a consistent internet connection. I initially thought it was my wifi router or the adapter itself, however when plugging in my adapter into my laptop and testing it there I received no issues whatsoever. Interestingly enough, when uninstalling the adapter software and rebooting my pc, the problem seems fixed, but after a few days returns to the same pattern of disconnecting about every 15-20 seconds. I recently purchased and installed an internal adapter, hoping that would fix the problem. But after a few hours of working fine, the problem once again started up. Before all this I had no problems with internet, so I don’t know what could be causing it now. I’ve begun to suspect that it may be an issue with the motherboard or even the CPU, but honestly, I have no idea. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
Ok, this is weird, considering this happens for two independent wifi controllers.

Next time you loose the onboard WiFi adapter, can you check this:
  • In Windows device manager : Look to see if you can find the wifi controller there. (have a look when you know it's is in working condition, so that you know what to look for).
  • When the computer restart - look into BIOS settings and see if it is listed there.
Jul 7, 2020
So what you say is that on that particular computer, any WiFI adapters would start disconnecting after a few days ?

Are the windows installation clean or is it long time ago since windows was installed ?
Yes, this problem has been happening with both the internal and wireless adapters.
I've had Windows for about 6 months. For pretty much the entire period I've had this computer its been working fine.

Jul 7, 2020
Have you checked the interior of the computer if it is clogged up with dust?

When this issue happens - are you completely sure that the WiFi is the only part involved? No other usb device are affected too?
Yes, I cleaned it out with an air can and everything. Also no, there have never been issues with any of the other usb devices that are plugged in. The PC itself still works fine all things considered and there is no drop in performance or anything of that sort, just the intermittent wifi connection.

Ok, this is weird, considering this happens for two independent wifi controllers.

Next time you loose the onboard WiFi adapter, can you check this:
  • In Windows device manager : Look to see if you can find the wifi controller there. (have a look when you know it's is in working condition, so that you know what to look for).
  • When the computer restart - look into BIOS settings and see if it is listed there.

Solution