[SOLVED] Wifi monitoring

Oct 18, 2021
I have an office off site from the rest of my company. My company supplies my office with Verizon wifi 6 that only I have access to. My question is, can my company see my ip address history when I use their wifi on my personal phone?
I understand they can see the data use but what are the capable of seeing on their end.
The wifi is a better connection than my phone gets in my office.
But not at the cost of my privacy.

Thanks in advance

Solution
Too many details to say for sure. A wifi6 connection though means there is some form of internet connection or router at the location. It would be fairly easy to place something to monitor it or even use software on the router to monitor. Since almost all data is encrypted it is harder to gather as much information but the IP addresses you go to are still exposed. If this is some public hotspot provided by verizon they it become more complex and maybe actually more exposed to monitoring by others.

This is why people use VPN. All you see is traffic going to the vpn provider and traffic going out of the vpn provider is mixed with many other users sharing the same IP so other than the VPN provider itself it is hard to track...
Too many details to say for sure. A wifi6 connection though means there is some form of internet connection or router at the location. It would be fairly easy to place something to monitor it or even use software on the router to monitor. Since almost all data is encrypted it is harder to gather as much information but the IP addresses you go to are still exposed. If this is some public hotspot provided by verizon they it become more complex and maybe actually more exposed to monitoring by others.

This is why people use VPN. All you see is traffic going to the vpn provider and traffic going out of the vpn provider is mixed with many other users sharing the same IP so other than the VPN provider itself it is hard to track any usage.

Of course you would then have to explain why you were using a VPN provider if they were to audit traffic.

Solution
Oct 18, 2021

This is why people use VPN. All you see is traffic going to the vpn provider and traffic going out of the vpn provider is mixed with many other users sharing the same IP so other than the VPN provider itself it is hard to track any usage.

Of course you would then have to explain why you were using a VPN provider if they were to audit traffic.

nah im not worried about them placing anything. for all intensive purpose its my wifi for my office on their account. im the only person that connects to it.
But i will just use a VPN. its not a matter of will they question me. the internet is there for me to use as I please .
thanks for clearing it up a bit though

TRENDING THREADS