Wifi network slow

waleed_7

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
Hello,

I have Wifi notwork in home, my PC and my phone is beside the router.

- If I download a link on my PC is downloading on 100 kb per second, same link exactly I download on mobile downloading on 10 mb per second. (same wifi network, all devices beside the router)

- If I try other Wifi network on my PC like mobile Hotspot (using mobile internet) is downloading so fast.

I'm in this issue long time and I gave up, my configurations as following:-
Wifi network in ADSL router:
- 802.11n
- Channel width: 20
- Channel: Auto

My PC:-
Wifi card: Realtek rtl8188e wireless lan 802.11n pci-e nic (updated to the last driver)
Wireless modes available: IEEE802.11b or IEEE802.11b/g or Auto (I try all then I fixed auto)
The last point is strange for me because the card name is 802.11n but the available wireless modes this card allow me to choose in the properties is only those two 11b or 11b/g

I don't know what to do, as I said the router signal on the mobile super fast and the other network signal on the PC is fast also. but this router with this PC not going well, also as I remember before in some times I had a fast download really was fast in some times but was not for long time and doesn't happen any more.

Thank you in advance,

Solution
The issue solved, in the settings of Wifi in the router, there's some options like:
Modalità Wi-Fi: that should be 802.11n
Then Canale: that was auto and this was the problem once I changed to the most higher number in the last that is 13 and the speed is very fast then there's other option call it Ampiezza canale: that was 20 I make it 40

Now the problem solved I can have the wifi on very fast speed.

I wrote the names in Italian because my router interface in Italian so you can search the same thing in your router but in English.

waleed_7

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
The issue solved, in the settings of Wifi in the router, there's some options like:
Modalità Wi-Fi: that should be 802.11n
Then Canale: that was auto and this was the problem once I changed to the most higher number in the last that is 13 and the speed is very fast then there's other option call it Ampiezza canale: that was 20 I make it 40

Now the problem solved I can have the wifi on very fast speed.

I wrote the names in Italian because my router interface in Italian so you can search the same thing in your router but in English.

Solution