[SOLVED] Wifi Networks disappear on Windows 10 based Lenovo Yoga Laptop

seema kanwal

Reputable
Aug 6, 2020
I have a user who has lenovo yoga laptop.
Her wifi Networks disappear during middle of her work.
She is having has had this issue for 3 months that suddenly the network list dispppears.
Steps that i have taken to troubleshoot the issue:
  1. I have run all the windows updates
  2. Updated her Wifi driver
  3. Uninstalled an re-installed her driver
  4. Went to the Power Managemenet in Wifi Driver and have unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
She is the only user having this issue.
We have another User who has same lenovo laptop with windows 10 but he is not having any such issue.
Please suggest a solution?

Solution
Make sure her laptop is on the latest BIOS update, gradually working your way up to the latest version. manually download the drivers for said Yoga using the serial number on Lenovo's support site, then manually install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click install>Run as Administrator.

With your WiFi, see if your wireless router has any firmware updates pending.

I'm assuming you're the IT guy for an office environment...

Lutfij

Titan
Make sure her laptop is on the latest BIOS update, gradually working your way up to the latest version. manually download the drivers for said Yoga using the serial number on Lenovo's support site, then manually install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click install>Run as Administrator.

With your WiFi, see if your wireless router has any firmware updates pending.

I'm assuming you're the IT guy for an office environment...

Solution

seema kanwal

Reputable
Aug 6, 2020
Thankyou for your reply. Yes. I am the IT person for an office environment. The thing is that I had downloaded the latest Driver from lenovo website , I then installed it on her laptop in an elevated command.
I will work on the BIOS update that you mentioned. I hope that will do it.

Thanks again.