[SOLVED] Wifi not working correctly for some websites but download speed is fine and is what I paid for

Oct 29, 2019
I just moved into a new house but my previous isp doesn't provide coverage here so I got a new isp. I got myself a 10mbs package (same as previous one). On speed test it shows correct speed but when browsing, websites load slowly or don't load at all. What could be the problem here?

Edit:- turns out, it was a country side internet outage and now it's fixed

Last edited:
Solution
Your DNS could be the problem. You can try manually setting your PC to the Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). If that fixes things, then you should update your router to use the 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 then all your devices will get the updated DNS benefit.

kanewolf

Titan
Your DNS could be the problem. You can try manually setting your PC to the Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). If that fixes things, then you should update your router to use the 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 then all your devices will get the updated DNS benefit.

Solution
Oct 29, 2019
So I just did that on my ps4 .(was also facing some mild disconnection on a game) disconnection stayed same. Tried to open quora on its browser but it took way too much time to load so I think this doesn't work