Question Wifi Not Working For Games, But Fine On Other Stuffs. My Laptop Is The Only One Suffering From This.

Sep 1, 2019
The title briefly explains my entire problem. My laptop is the MSI GF63 Thin 85C, bought it a week ago. At first it was fine but after 3-4 days the wifi starts slowing down on GAMES ONLY, and now I can't even seem to run any of my games. The webs are working nicely. I can get access to Youtube, Facebook, Netflix, etc. quickly, in fact. Also, my laptop seems to be the only one that is having trouble, cause I checked other devices and did not see a single problem. The games I have are Rainbow Six Seige, League of Legends, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, Apex Legends and For Honor. I successfully ran the games for about1-2 minutes without lags and after that it just went from 30ms to a few thousand. I don't think the wifi or its location is the problem. It would be wonderful if someone could assist me on this.
Thank You.

Sep 1, 2019
Set the windows firewall from public to private

Could be overheating issue

Try updating the wifi driver from the laptops manufacturer's support homepage
ok so it was working fine 2 days ago but the problem came back :c do you know any other reasons why it's happening? I have tried all the steps u said and my windows was fully updated!

Part of your problem is games unlike almost any other application need consistent latency between data packets.

WiFi is also different than most network in that it attempts to do error recovery by resending data rather than leaving it to the application software. This takes time and increases the time between data packets.

These together are the worst possible combination. Games can not properly predict position in the games when the latency jumps around and you see lag.

Things like netflix can use buffers to hide small delays and you do not even notice the delays on web browsers.

You can try all the suggestions above but in the end it may just be you are getting interference on your wifi from outside your house. Your laptop maybe just more sensitive to poor wifi signal than other machines.

There is little you can really do. Wifi works ok for games if you can get a very clean signal but wifi is so over crowded these days it is less and less likely.

Sep 1, 2019
Part of your problem is games unlike almost any other application need consistent latency between data packets.

WiFi is also different than most network in that it attempts to do error recovery by resending data rather than leaving it to the application software. This takes time and increases the time between data packets.

These together are the worst possible combination. Games can not properly predict position in the games when the latency jumps around and you see lag.

Things like netflix can use buffers to hide small delays and you do not even notice the delays on web browsers.

You can try all the suggestions above but in the end it may just be you are getting interference on your wifi from outside your house. Your laptop maybe just more sensitive to poor wifi signal than other machines.

There is little you can really do. Wifi works ok for games if you can get a very clean signal but wifi is so over crowded these days it is less and less likely.
my signal is real good. surfing the internet on my laptop and using wifi on my phone at the same position works perfectly fine. smh its not working for games. like sometimes it does work but mostly doesnt. also other laptops works just fine, smooth even. I dont think the wifi is the trouble, neither is the distance and the signal.