Question Wifi on laptop disconnects when launching most video games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2020
I have an MSI GS66 Stealth 10SF. After a blackout last night, the wifi for this laptop has been weird. I can browse the webs, stream Netflix or Youtube fine. But when I launch valorant, league of legends, phasmophobia, or CSGO the wifi either disconnects or times out . The thing is my sister is able to play league on her mac.

I have tried almost everything. Updating the network adapter driver, hard resetting the PC. Ive been at this since yesterday and nothing works. I just wanna game man, please send help.

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
Sounds like your inbuilt wifi adapter is dead. You should be able to click on it in Device Manager. If OK it should say that it's running properly. If so then you can do a driver update to see if it can a new driver.

Sounds like your inbuilt wifi adapter is dead

how does it sound like its dead when hes able to do everything else on the internet using it......

I have an MSI GS66 Stealth 10SF. After a blackout last night, the wifi for this laptop has been weird. I can browse the webs, stream Netflix or Youtube fine. But when I launch valorant, league of legends, phasmophobia, or CSGO the wifi either disconnects or times out . The thing is my sister is able to play league on her mac.

I have tried almost everything. Updating the network adapter driver, hard resetting the PC. Ive been at this since yesterday and nothing works. I just wanna game man, please send help.

have you tried disabling your firewall to see if it somehow got messed up and is blocking certain connections?

Restarted router?

Checked router settings for your adapter to make sure someone didnt put any type of blocks on your certain connection and what your able to do on it? Ive done this to people in my home when I wanted to game on wifi but didnt want them lagging the router lol. So worth a ask..

Oct 2, 2020
how does it sound like its dead when hes able to do everything else on the internet using it......

have you tried disabling your firewall to see if it somehow got messed up and is blocking certain connections?

Restarted router?

Checked router settings for your adapter to make sure someone didnt put any type of blocks on your certain connection and what your able to do on it? Ive done this to people in my home when I wanted to game on wifi but didnt want them lagging the router lol. So worth a ask..

I disabled it and tried restarting a router. Nothing worked so I have to depend on a wifi adapter but I get packet loss so i cant even play fps games now :^)

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
With a lot of laptops you can change the wifi adapter easily - they just plug in.
You just have to remove some covers. Often you'll find laptop repair shops with some leftover from repair jobs where they ended up junking the laptop.
And you can buy really good usb wifi adapters if you spend a bit more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS