Question Wifi on mobile causes internet to slow..

Sep 7, 2020
I have a very frustrating problem with my WiFi. I have a D-Link modem (adsl) and everything has been working as it should for 2 years, however since the start of August a strange problem arose. When one specific smartphone (Samsung A30) connects to the WiFi, it causes the other two devices' connection (one also a smartphone with WiFi connection and the other a desktop with ethernet connection) to drop to a exceptionally slow speed.

The latency on my desktop spikes from it's usual 26ms to over 4000ms, even a simple Google search takes around 3 minutes just to load. Should that smartphone not connect to the WiFi anymore, everything goes back to normal. When the problem first arose, we did everything possible, from hard resets to password changes and contacting our ISP, who said they can't see a problem. After about two days it solved itself but now it's back again, and I really would like to get to the bottom of this, and fix it once and for all.

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
Have you tested the output of the modem wifi eg using a Wifi Analysis app from Google Play store?
What model router?
Have you got a pc connected to the router that you can test with Speedtest?
What speeds are you supposed to get on your internet?