[SOLVED] Wifi on my laptop suddenly disconnected. Now I keep getting "Can't Connect to this Network" error ?

villarosac

Reputable
Jun 1, 2017
Hi all.

Earlier today, I was watching some anime, and suddenly the show just stopped. I checked my wifi to realize that it no longer had internet.

I found this to be typical since sometimes my ISP will be down, but all of my other devices were working, so I was a bit confused.

Now, only one of my wifi access points are visible (my extender) and its a very poor signal. Every time I try and connect, I get a "Can't Connect to this Network" message.

I've tried restarting the computer, I tired resetting the drivers, updating the drivers, going in and out of airplane mode, and forgetting the network and trying to reconnect.

Wifi card is pretty old Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN .

But the fact it just randomly disconnected to the internet just seems strange to me. Is there anything I can do to fix this??

Solution
This network card?

http://thiim.com/TradePoint141/ItemImages/44821/IntelWiFiLink1000ProductBrief.pdf

Some devices have intermittent failures and others just simply and suddenly fail.

Host laptop: make, model, hardware specs and OS?

If Windows OS try running the built-in network troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Failing the above:

Disable the built in Intel wireless network adapter.

Then, if possible, try using a known working USB wireless network adapter on the laptop.

if not possible, then enable the laptop's wired network adapter and determine if network connectivity can be re-established.

Ralston18

Titan
This network card?

http://thiim.com/TradePoint141/ItemImages/44821/IntelWiFiLink1000ProductBrief.pdf

Some devices have intermittent failures and others just simply and suddenly fail.

Host laptop: make, model, hardware specs and OS?

If Windows OS try running the built-in network troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Failing the above:

Disable the built in Intel wireless network adapter.

Then, if possible, try using a known working USB wireless network adapter on the laptop.

if not possible, then enable the laptop's wired network adapter and determine if network connectivity can be re-established.

Solution