[SOLVED] wifi on my pc keeps cutting out randomly?

Dec 25, 2018
For the longest time I have had issues with my internet cutting out (both 5ghz and 2.4ghz) when i play games like fortnite, csgo, overwatch or any game, sometimes it will randomly cut out and i have to reconnect. The same thing goes for regular web browsing/streaming. It cuts out, i disconnect and reconnect and its back to normal. and then it may stop working in the next 5-10 min or not at all for the rest of the night.

There is no pattern to it, whether im alone and home or there is alot of people on the wifi, some days it will disconnect several times in 1 sitting while other times not very much at all. I know wired is much better than wifi and would probably fix the issue but i dont want setup long cables to my router etc.

I currently have an intel dual band wireless AC 8265 adaptor. Here is a list of solutions ive tried with no avail:

- turn off "allow this computer to turn this off to save power" in device manager
-went from old network adapter to new one
-changed automatic dns and ip to manual ones, settings the best for my location
-reinstalling network drivers and installing new drivers

It appears that everytime I diagnose the problem it says that the dns server isnt responding or something along the lines of DNS issues.

Any help would be much appreciated as this has been an ongoing issue for a long time. If anyone has any knowledge to change router settings that might be a helpful start.

Solution
Make and model router or Modem/Router?

Who has admin rights to the router? You may need help from that person to check the router's logs and make configuration changes.

Ensure that only one network adapter is enabled on your pc.

Run the built in Windows troubleshooters. They may find and fix something.

Could be some other problem or issue. Check Event Viewer and Reliability History/Manager for error codes and warnings. Especially those that correspond to the disconnects.

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model router or Modem/Router?

Who has admin rights to the router? You may need help from that person to check the router's logs and make configuration changes.

Ensure that only one network adapter is enabled on your pc.

Run the built in Windows troubleshooters. They may find and fix something.

Could be some other problem or issue. Check Event Viewer and Reliability History/Manager for error codes and warnings. Especially those that correspond to the disconnects.

Solution