Wifi only connects after reboot from initial startup

jtnoble321

Honorable
Nov 14, 2015
Hey guys!

Got a small problem that is more of an annoyance than a problem.
My computer will not connect to wifi, or even open up network settings at initial startup. When I shut the computer down for the night, and come back in the morning, my computer shows the Ethernet icon with the red "X" stating i have no internet connection. When I go into any of my network settings, and try changing adapter settings to see if my NICs were turned off, my computer won't actually let me past the screen to change adapter settings. It essentially lets me click but doesn't open the settings.
The wifi DOES work however, but I have to do a restart on my computer for the wifi to actually work.
Any ideas? I am using an Asus AC1200 nano usb wifi adapter for networking. Same issue happens on my Asus PCI NIC (Though I do not use this one because it doesn't support b/g/n/ac, just b/g/n).

Have you tried going into the device manager, go to the properties of the NIC and make sure that under the Power Management tab, that it is not set to turn off the adapter to save power.

What motherboard do you have and what happens if you unplug the USB adapter, start the computer, then connect it once in Windows?