Wifi passord Windows 10, connection problem

Feb 26, 2018
I see lot of discussion of finding wifi password in windows10 using cmd, all over. But there is hardy any mention that such password could not be used on never connected (before) computers. Any ideas?

Feb 26, 2018
Sorry, I got the password using windows 10 cmd "netsh wlan show profile xxxxx key=clear. But when you use the password it fails to log in with a message"Some information changed since the last time you connected. We need additional information to complete the connection" . And this situation is true for not previously connected wifi. Conversely, my room mate used my laptop once. When I used cmd command, found his password and used it successfully. That is what I mean "previously used" connection. thanks

Some of the smart ways folks use to get into a wireless network on the sly, actually cause the system protect the password and that's what happened to you.

Ask the owner of that network for access and if they refuse, pay for one of your own.

We don't give password assistance for that very good reason and we don't support theft which is what you are trying to do. Bandwidth is a commodity just like groceries and dollar bills. Stealing it is an offence and folks have done jail tiime for that theft.