Legend207

Reputable
Jun 1, 2016
Hi
I play CS 1.6 a lot and I've noticed that the game does not feel good to play sometimes
mainly due to the latency
sometimes it feels sluggish while other times the movement and firing feels really great
i play on wifi and its not possible to use an ethernet for my pc
also i frequently turn on and off my router
some rare occasions after i turn on my router the ping seems really good
is there something i can do so that i get good latency everytime

Solution
This is one of those fundamental things about how wifi works. Pretty much any other type of data traffic other than online games works very well. It is almost always caused by interference from outside your house which you can do nothing to eliminate.

This is why you see over and over they say do not play online games on wifi if you want good performance.

You only real option is to not use wifi. Maybe powerline networks would be a solution for your when you can not run ethernet.
This is one of those fundamental things about how wifi works. Pretty much any other type of data traffic other than online games works very well. It is almost always caused by interference from outside your house which you can do nothing to eliminate.

This is why you see over and over they say do not play online games on wifi if you want good performance.

You only real option is to not use wifi. Maybe powerline networks would be a solution for your when you can not run ethernet.

Solution