Question WiFi problem with HP Laptop ?

Clutch84

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2014
Hi all, I'm needing some help with an ongoing issue with my mom's laptop.

Back in July, she purchased an HP Envy x360 2-in-1 Laptop from Best Buy. This was one that was based on my recommendation.

For the last 2 months, her laptop has been experiencing an intermittent issue where it will not detect any form of available wireless connection. She does not use a cable for a physical connection, because of where she uses it.

My initial thought is that there was a driver issue that was causing a conflict with the network card, but I have been able to update all available drivers for her laptop's wireless card.
But even after doing that, it's still experiencing said above issue. The only "fix" that I have been able to implement, without having to take apart her laptop, is by shutting down and powering on her laptop, and for some reason, it is able to help.

The only thing I can think of is that there is a possible problem with her laptop's network card.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-env...b-ssd-nightfall-black/6502184.p?skuId=6502184 - This is where she bought her laptop.

Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, I'm needing some help with an ongoing issue with my mom's laptop.

Back in July, she purchased an HP Envy x360 2-in-1 Laptop from Best Buy. This was one that was based on my recommendation.

For the last 2 months, her laptop has been experiencing an intermittent issue where it will not detect any form of available wireless connection. She does not use a cable for a physical connection, because of where she uses it.

My initial thought is that there was a driver issue that was causing a conflict with the network card, but I have been able to update all available drivers for her laptop's wireless card.
But even after doing that, it's still experiencing said above issue. The only "fix" that I have been able to implement, without having to take apart her laptop, is by shutting down and powering on her laptop, and for some reason, it is able to help.

The only thing I can think of is that there is a possible problem with her laptop's network card.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-env...b-ssd-nightfall-black/6502184.p?skuId=6502184 - This is where she bought her laptop.

Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Did you go through all of the Control Panel Power Options to make sure that things like the Wireless Adapter Power Saving mode are set to Maximum Performance? Did you go through the Device Manager settings for the Network Adapters to make sure that the Power Management option "Allow the computer to turn off this device" is UNchecked?