WiFi problems! Keep losing connection!

Jay_Rock

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
Ok so for some reason ever since we got a new modem and router my HP laptop will have a full connection and all of a sudden ill lose it and my wifi says "No Networks available" and a red X appears by my bars at the bottom. I honestly dont know what else I can do Ive installed the latest drivers and updates and everyone else in the house wireless is fine. I honestly have no clue what is wrong with my laptop. I dont know if maybe my network adapter is going bad or what. I even went to my device manager and unchecked the power saving option. Its just strange my internet will work for 10-20 minutes at a time and then lose the connection. And also I upgraded the firmware of the router. I need advice.

jackson1420

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
Try uninstalling the wifi drivers completely. Then download a fresh copy from the vendor. Reinstall wifi drivers. Check for any BIOS settings maybe.. Wifi is strange sometimes.

What OS? Are you using the OS's Wifi manager? I trust Windows 7 built in wifi manager the most. XP was lame.

Jay_Rock

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
Its strange it seems to be working right now.. Nothing has happened for about two hours which is the longest it has been fixed so far. Im using Windows 8 Pro. Will update you on the status of the situation later. Hopefully this is problem is over and done with.

Jay_Rock

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
The problem is still occuring I finally was able to log back in on this site. Please someone help me I dont know what to do!! Im running Windows 8 Pro btw and have upgraded my routers firmware.

gsp4ru

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010

Bro , My Channel is 6 . I have been using Lenovo y500 for last 6 Months with same wifi router . All these days i dint faced any problem with wifi connectivity . But from today , my laptop wifi connects but it say limited . no internet .

How to resolve ?? M running windows 8.1 .

Please help

RCGC

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014

RCGC

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014
A very simple solution in some cases....I had similar problems in two different locations with different devices until I remembered that funny things can happen to radio waves within a wavelength of the transmitter. Moving my devices about 20cm (8") away from the router solved all my problems.

pjwilliamson

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
Changing channels can help, and asking your neighbors what channel they use will also determine which channel to not use, the one least used is best. Also upgrading your wifi router to a newer model is a good idea, unless you have a new model then changing channels and moving away from the modem and router is also a working solution. I have the same problem only I cannot afford a newer router at this time, also the wifi is not provided by your internet provider for those readers that do not know this, wifi is provided exclusively by the wireless router.