Question Wifi problems on main pc

jmakul

Prominent
Sep 30, 2020
This problem started 2 days ago and it happens when main pc is turned on and connected with ethernet cable

Before turning pc I tested speed on my phone and it was 9.5 download and 0.6 upload.
I turned on pc and tested speed and download was 0.02 and download 0.01

I connected then laptop with ethernet cable and download was again 9.5 and 0.6 upload.While connected with laptop orange light was blinking and green light was not but when connected to pc its other way around and i dont know what to do.

If you know how to fix this dumb it down for me because im not expert when it comes to pc stuff.

Ralston18

Titan
On the main PC:

Ensure that only one network adapter is enabled. Either wired (Ethenet) or wireless. Not both network adapters at the same time.

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt. Post the full results.

Make and model laptop?

Are the LEDs on each side of the Ethernet port?

One LED shows that there is a connection. The other LED likely indicates connection speed.

FYI:

https://techwithtech.com/ethernet-port-lights-meaning/

Check your laptop's User Guide/Manual for the applicable LED meanings.

jmakul

Prominent
Sep 30, 2020
On the main PC:

Ensure that only one network adapter is enabled. Either wired (Ethenet) or wireless. Not both network adapters at the same time.

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt. Post the full results.

Make and model laptop?

Are the LEDs on each side of the Ethernet port?

One LED shows that there is a connection. The other LED likely indicates connection speed.

FYI:

https://techwithtech.com/ethernet-port-lights-meaning/

Check your laptop's User Guide/Manual for the applicable LED meanings.

1. Ethernet is only option,WiFi wireless is not option for some reason

2. https://ibb.co/ckM303V (couldnt just screenshot and upload it due to how slow it is)

3. Laptop is Lenovo B50-70 and LEDs are on both sides of port

Ralston18

Titan
Just to be sure: The objective is to wirelessly connect main pc to network - correct?

Make and model network router (or modem/router if combined)

And the main pc does not connect at speed using a wired connection - correct? And the Ethernet cable is proven to work at speed via the laptop - likewise correct?

On the main PC it appears per "ipconfig" that only the wired Ethernet adapter is enabled.

On the main PC, in Device Manager, do you see the wireless network adapter listed? ( Under the View tab check that "Show hidden devices" is checked.)

Is there wireless PCIx card or USB wireless adapter physically installed in the main pc?

jmakul

Prominent
Sep 30, 2020
Just to be sure: The objective is to wirelessly connect main pc to network - correct?

Make and model network router (or modem/router if combined)

And the main pc does not connect at speed using a wired connection - correct? And the Ethernet cable is proven to work at speed via the laptop - likewise correct?

On the main PC it appears per "ipconfig" that only the wired Ethernet adapter is enabled.

On the main PC, in Device Manager, do you see the wireless network adapter listed? ( Under the View tab check that "Show hidden devices" is checked.)

Is there wireless PCIx card or USB wireless adapter physically installed in the main pc?
The goal is to connect to internet via ethernet cable because its been like that for last 2 years and the problem with it started 2 days ago.It works with laptop but does not with pc anymore for some reason.
When I try to connect to wifi only option I have is Ethernet? I cant connect wirelessly because I dont have that option.

I dont have wireless network adapter in device manager but there are PCI memory controller,simple communications controller and sm bus controller with yellow error triangle (if that means anything).

Router is technicolor TG788ivn v2

In gpu-z it says i have PCIe x4 3.0 @ x4 1.1

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
According to the links that I found the router's default IP address is 192.168.1.254 which is what your wired network adapter is configured to use with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

Reference:

https://www.192-168-1-1-ip.co/router/technicolor/tg788vn-v2/3555/

Try disabling IPv6.

Also change the DNS Servers to Google (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)

Try running the built-in Windows troubleshooters as well.

"WIN" + "I" > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters

jmakul

Prominent
Sep 30, 2020
As it stands it looks like dism made things go back to normal but I will be sure if it stays like this for a day,anyway thank you soo much