[SOLVED] WiFi problems with a specific device on a specific network

xixo.channel

Commendable
Sep 28, 2017
Lately I've been having WiFi problems with my lenovo x1 carbon laptop type hr, on my home WiFi network.

The problem

From frequent random different periods of time whilst browsing chrome the websites I'm on will just become unreachable and an error code will appear and then from anywhere as 5 seconds to 5 minutes I'm able to reconnect.
The errors that normally pop up are:
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
DNS_PROBE_STARTED
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET

What I've tried

I've tried changing my dns address to Google's and I did a dns flush.
And I've also tried updating the drivers of the wireless card of the laptop.

And I know it's not just a chrome problem as any other browser will also not have Internet in these periods of no Internet. And I don't think it's a problem with my actual network connection, because my other devices will use the Internet perfectly in these periods.

And when I'm at my university's accomodation connected to that WiFi I get none of these problems.

So I'm really not sure what the problem or the solution could be, I'm going to try to update my bios but I doubt it will do the trick.

So I'd be very thankful if anyone had any idea of l what the problem or solution might be.

Solution
Turn on all network devices.

On your computer go into the command prompt and type "arp -a" (without quotes).

You should see a list of Internet addresses most likely beginning with 192.

To the right of the Internet addresses there will be the corresponding Physical Address (MAC) and a Type (dynamic or static).

There should be an IP address for each device that you have and the Physical Address should correspond with a the MAC of one of your network devices. Ensure that there are not duplicate IP addresses and that the MACs are all different.

Also via the command prompt run "ipconfig /all" and post the results.

Ralston18

Titan
What make and model modem and router (or modem/router if combined) do you have on your home wifi?

How many other devices are on your home wifi network: wireless and wired? Any static IPs assigned?

Doublecheck that only one network adapter is enabled on your laptop: either wireless or wired. Not both adapters at the same time.

xixo.channel

Commendable
Sep 28, 2017
What make and model modem and router (or modem/router if combined) do you have on your home wifi?

How many other devices are on your home wifi network: wireless and wired? Any static IPs assigned?

Doublecheck that only one network adapter is enabled on your laptop: either wireless or wired. Not both adapters at the same time.

The router is virgin media superhub 2.
There are 2 laptops connected, 2 phones, a tablet all connected all wireless to the 5ghz network.
I don't think there are no ip addresses defined.

Ralston18

Titan
Turn on all network devices.

On your computer go into the command prompt and type "arp -a" (without quotes).

You should see a list of Internet addresses most likely beginning with 192.

To the right of the Internet addresses there will be the corresponding Physical Address (MAC) and a Type (dynamic or static).

There should be an IP address for each device that you have and the Physical Address should correspond with a the MAC of one of your network devices. Ensure that there are not duplicate IP addresses and that the MACs are all different.

Also via the command prompt run "ipconfig /all" and post the results.

Solution