Question Wifi randomly disconnects, please help

Sep 5, 2020
I am currently running windows 10 19042.84(I think that's right, I updated it fairly recently, within the past two weeks) and the most recent Intel Wifi 6 AX200 wifi adapter (released in 12/20). I didn't have any issues with the previous version of windows or this wifi driver for months, then recently I started randomly disconnecting from my wifi when playing games, viewing lectures for class, and surfing the internet- pretty much anything. It only happens 2 or 3 times a day but it is consistent. Then I updated my windows version, hoping that would fix the problem but it didn't. The problem still persists and I don't know what to do. I know I have the most recent wifi adapter driver, I've tried turning off the power management for my wifi card, and I still experience this. I know it's not my router because no one else in my family disconnects when I do. Can someone please help?

Update:
My PC specs are:
Ryzen 5 5600x
MSI Mag b550 tommy
32 gb of trident g skill neo ram (4 sticks)
RTX 3070
Archer tx50e wifi pcie adapter

Pasted from a previous comment for more clarification:

windows 10 pro version 64 bit. My adapter is the only one enabled. My router and modem are the Eero Fiber wifi 6 system and Spectrum Docsis 3.1 modem.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and detailed OS version information.

Check that only one network adapter is enabled on your system. In your case, if I understand correctly, that adapter should be/is the Intel Wifi 6 AX200.

What make and model modem and router (or modem router if combined)? The router's logs, if available and enabled, may prove helpful.

In Windows 10 take a look at Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, or even informational events that you can associated with the disconnects.

Sep 5, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and detailed OS version information.

Check that only one network adapter is enabled on your system. In your case, if I understand correctly, that adapter should be/is the Intel Wifi 6 AX200.

What make and model modem and router (or modem router if combined)? The router's logs, if available and enabled, may prove helpful.

In Windows 10 take a look at Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, or even informational events that you can associated with the disconnects.
I updated my post with specs. I don't know how else to put OS information, but it is all the most recent windows 10 pro version 64 bit. My adapter is the only one enabled. My router and modem are the Eero Fiber wifi 6 system and Spectrum Docsis 3.1 modem. Not sure how to view or enable router logs...

How would I look at reliability history and event viewer?