Question WIFI Router delivering only 10Mbps

Aug 3, 2022
Hi All,
My Wifi router TP-Link A9 only gives 10mbps speed against 150mbps from the ISP. Things I did so far:
  1. Firmware changed to latest one.
  2. Changed the old cable with another cat 5e cable.
  3. Changed duplex settings to 1000Mbps maximum.
Any help to resolve this is appreciated.
If I connect ethernet cable directly to my PC without router I am getting the speed of 150Mbps.

hw_user

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
You have to tell us how did you measure your 10 mbps. What the ISP promised is a measurement directly out of the modem. In my case, my ISP promised 75 mbps. If I connect to the modem /router (my modem has router build in) using ethernet cable and laptop running speed test software, I got 75 mbps , as promised all the time. If I use my phone , 5 feet away from router, wifi connected on 5G, I got a little less than 75 mbps (between 70-74.5). But If I am using 2.4G, I only got 30 mbps max.

Aug 3, 2022
You have to tell us how did you measure your 10 mbps. What the ISP promised is a measurement directly out of the modem. In my case, my ISP promised 75 mbps. If I connect to the modem /router (my modem has router build in) using ethernet cable and laptop running speed test software, I got 75 mbps , as promised all the time. If I use my phone , 5 feet away from router, wifi connected on 5G, I got a little less than 75 mbps (between 70-74.5). But If I am using 2.4G, I only got 30 mbps max.
ISP promises 150mbps. When I connect LAN cable directly to PC I get the speed of 170mbps. If I connect through router and then to PC I get 10mbps. Wifi also same issue if I place my phone next to the router. I removed the router now and its late night I cant connect everything back. But my main concern is on wired connection.

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
I know bad or faulty wifi drivers can limit speeds like that, but as for your wired connection issue, I really couldn't tell ya.
Maybe try going into your advanced adapter properties in Windows and disabling ipv6? I doubt that will resolve the issue, but it's a good troubleshooting step in the meantime anyway.