Wifi router hacked???

lazaros_3

Reputable
Dec 20, 2016
Hello everybody!
My name is lazarus im from greece.
First of all forgive me in advance for my english if i make any mistakes and plz ask if you cant understand something i write.
The issue is that there is someone tha makes o copy of my router (probably with a wifi extender) and while he does that he blocks me from entering even with the correct password. Then i tried this...got the router to a friends house so his extender wont be in range and got into the settings, changed the routers ssid name and password so he wont be able to either identify me or get insede with old password, bit when i get in range he copies me again!how he does that? My router is the speedport entry 2i

Solution
The only way that anyone is hacking into your router (assuming that they actually are) is that you have WPS enabled, which allows a Reaver attack on the WPS pin code that I've cracked under 30 minutes (on my own network as a security test).

If you disable WPS on your router and use a user and password that is not trivial, WPA2 security is sufficient for all but highly skilled (i.e. government and such) attacks that we should not worry about.

RealBeast

Titan
The only way that anyone is hacking into your router (assuming that they actually are) is that you have WPS enabled, which allows a Reaver attack on the WPS pin code that I've cracked under 30 minutes (on my own network as a security test).

If you disable WPS on your router and use a user and password that is not trivial, WPA2 security is sufficient for all but highly skilled (i.e. government and such) attacks that we should not worry about.

Solution