WiFi router radiation

JustRelaxASC

Honorable
Jul 6, 2014
Does WiFI Router emit radiation if I only turn off the radio signal at night like shown in the image or do I have to turn the whole thing off for it to stop radiating.

I'm asking because the modem/router (it's a combo) is in my bedroom so I want to minimalize the radiation as much as possible, but the thing is it annoys me to turn the whole thing off as the radio signal button is easier to reach and it keeps the network running in the house while only the wifi in my room is off.

I'm not sure where to post the question, hopefully someone can give me the answer, thanks in advance!

kanewolf

Titan
Do you turn off your cell phone at night? That is probably much more of a source of radiation than your WIFI source. Why? Because it is probably closer to you. Radiation dissipates with the square of the distance, so a few meters makes a lot of difference in intensity.

JustRelaxASC

Honorable
Jul 6, 2014

Yeah I turn the airplane mode on when I don't need anyone to be calling me in morning, like now when I'm on holidays, but sometimes I do need to have it on for mulitple reasons but I never put it on my bed or anything, it's farther approx. same distance as router is.

I was just wondering wether it stops radiating when I turn of wifi signal (as it kind of makes sense) but sitll I'm not a sceintist/engineer to know that and can't find any good source about that.