[SOLVED] wifi showing no internet on a mobile and laptop but works fine on other devices

shubham shama

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2015
my wifi router is tp link and its working fine on my mobile through wifi and also working fine on my pc with Ethernet cable

but on my sisters laptop and mobile sometimes it shows "no internet" and it just doesnt work , both the laptop and mobile and connected on wifi with the same router
some times it works , but then it automatically disconnects and shows up with no internet

please help me with this issue
what can i do to fix this

Solution
my wifi router is tp link and its working fine on my mobile through wifi and also working fine on my pc with Ethernet cable

but on my sisters laptop and mobile sometimes it shows "no internet" and it just doesnt work , both the laptop and mobile and connected on wifi with the same router
some times it works , but then it automatically disconnects and shows up with no internet

First guess would be the WIFI channel being changed automatically on the router to an invalid channel. Change your router to manually select the channels rather than having them set to "auto".
That will eliminate that as a possibility.

kanewolf

Titan

First guess would be the WIFI channel being changed automatically on the router to an invalid channel. Change your router to manually select the channels rather than having them set to "auto".
That will eliminate that as a possibility.

Solution

Lutfij

Titan
TP-Link is the brand of your router, you will need to mention the model of said router. While here, see if you can use the version number found under your router/router package to locate a support page and see if your router is pending any firmware updates.

Considering your sister's end is what's affected, might want to see if your sister's laptop is pending any BIOS updates, has any OS updates and if reinstalling the WiFi adapter's drivers in an elevated command, changes the issue.

TRENDING THREADS