Question Wifi Signal slow on laptop

Mar 2, 2020
Hi everyone, I recently moved to a new house and i am having issues with my laptop wifi. The signal coming from my router is extremely strong and i have fast speed internet that i regularly test at 300 Mb/s on my iphone. When i test on my laptop its running roughly at 800kb/s. The only way i can get my wifi to work well is to disable my wifi in the network connections tab and then reenable it, where it will run extremely fast for a limited time. It will also run fast plugged into an Ethernet cable. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? could it be a hardware issue?

Apr 9, 2020
Hi everyone, I recently moved to a new house and i am having issues with my laptop wifi. The signal coming from my router is extremely strong and i have fast speed internet that i regularly test at 300 Mb/s on my iphone. When i test on my laptop its running roughly at 800kb/s. The only way i can get my wifi to work well is to disable my wifi in the network connections tab and then reenable it, where it will run extremely fast for a limited time. It will also run fast plugged into an Ethernet cable. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? could it be a hardware issue?
I have the same issue, but with a brand new HP Pavilion laptop (won't go above 25 Mb/S while our older Dell laptops usually reach 250 MB/S on downloads. HP laptop also is very fast ONLY when hardconnected to the router. Have reinstalled windows (with HP service, uninstalled / installed the wireless adapter (Realtek 802.11b/g/n/ac (1x1) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 combo ), and reset the router twice with Xfinity.

HP / xFinity blame each other, but I can at least get a refund (within 30 days of purchase) from HP. HP / xFinity state their is an incompatibility of specific REALTEK adapter with the xFinity router for our home. Very frustrating when two different Dell laptops, phones and visiting family all ca hit the 250+ Mb/s speeds - but the newer HP laptop is pathetic at 10 to 20 MB/S speeds when conneted wirelessly.

If anyone has a setting to try - please let us know. But sounds to me like both of us have "incompatible" laptop wireless adapters with a specific modem. Plus HP technician told me "off the record" to avoid laptops with RealTek wireless adapters... only purchase Intel brands.