[SOLVED] Wifi signal strength problem after battery replacement

May 2, 2020
Hello,

I have a Asus ROG G752VT. It had a battery problem before where the battery couldn't hold any charge so it was running essentially on AC power.

So I bought a new battery and did the replacement my self but very carefully and the battery replacement was successful.

But I have just noticed that the signal strength of my home wifi is zero which was perfectly fine previously. My wifi router is installed in the adjacent room and if I sit besides the router laptop just shows a single bar (curve (Win 10)). The laptop got the signals perfectly before. I've tried the windows troubleshooter but have gotten no result.

Did I do something wrong? Did I mess up with the wifi card by any chance. Please help.

Solution
You probably disconnected the antenna while performing your battery replacement, whether you knew it or not. I think you will have to open your laptop again and look for your antenna connections and make sure they are solidly connected.

ktriebol

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2013
You probably disconnected the antenna while performing your battery replacement, whether you knew it or not. I think you will have to open your laptop again and look for your antenna connections and make sure they are solidly connected.

Solution