Dec 22, 2020
Hi reader,

So we've had a good internet router before which got us like 400-500 mb/ps and ping always lower than my opponents 10-20. i've had no problems untill we hired someone to have better wifi accessibilty in our entire house. And have wired plugs in the walls everywhere.

After he did everything the ping was pretty much the same and the speeds were 400-600 mb/ps. Its almost the same cause he seemd to plug an internet cable from the old router (Fritz idk what) into the new router which i don't know the name of now. So I used to game with a wire, since this man did his things the wired connection is still at 500 mbps and the ping still 10-20 in . But I like get lag spikes or idk (like a disconnected and after the disconnection sign thingie it shows a packet loss sign) not only i get this playing rocket league but it's in all games.

So he also changed the wireless wifi which is at roughly 80 mbps but the images on twitter for example won't load some times. And mostly they do pretty fast, but if they don't load i'm actually waiting like 30 seconds restarting app doing everything. Sometimes even my 4g logo pops up automaticly because the wifi isn't enough to load.

I hope a gave enough information and really really hope someone can tell me whats wrong. (I can't ask the man who installed all the new stuff since he has surgeries coming up)

Any help appreciated 🙂

Solution
"Surgeries" may be true and it is well to give him the benefit of the doubt. Only to a point......

However, he did a job, you paid, and he has a basic responsibility to make things right.

Ask him anyway.

Overall, I expect that a wire has come loose in one of the wall jacks or perhaps even at the patch panel.

Unfortunately there are way too many folks going about installing networks as if the installations were no different than telephone lines.

Network wiring is different and more attention to detail is needed. Both in layout and physical connectivity.

Press the issue.

Ralston18

Titan
"Surgeries" may be true and it is well to give him the benefit of the doubt. Only to a point......

However, he did a job, you paid, and he has a basic responsibility to make things right.

Ask him anyway.

Overall, I expect that a wire has come loose in one of the wall jacks or perhaps even at the patch panel.

Unfortunately there are way too many folks going about installing networks as if the installations were no different than telephone lines.

Network wiring is different and more attention to detail is needed. Both in layout and physical connectivity.

Press the issue.

Solution