[SOLVED] Wifi slower in one device only

Oct 12, 2020
I'm having issues with my wifi connection on my desktop, I'm using an external usb wifi card (Wise Tiger USB 3.0) since my motherbaord doesn't have one and when doing speed tests it's only reading 5Mbps download but my normal 12Mbps upload. I tested all my devices, laptop, phone and tablet, and they all read from 140 up to 220Mbps. I messed around with my network settings and restarted my desktop a few times without any change. I also tested the wifi adapter with my laptop and it works fine but I plug it back into my desktop and nothing changes. Someome has any troubleshooting tips? Is my desktop bandwidth being limited?

Solution
On the desktop, plug the wireless USB adapter/wifi card into the host computer via a USB extension cable.

Then raise the USB wireless adapter up and away from the host desktop.

Reposition and otherwise move the wireless adapter about to determine if the wireless speed can be regained or improved.

Ralston18

Titan
On the desktop, plug the wireless USB adapter/wifi card into the host computer via a USB extension cable.

Then raise the USB wireless adapter up and away from the host desktop.

Reposition and otherwise move the wireless adapter about to determine if the wireless speed can be regained or improved.

Reactions: DatCatGuy
Solution