[SOLVED] Wifi speeds

cuse165

Honorable
Aug 18, 2015
My ISP days I get 200Mbps but I am having issues with even getting anything like that. I wonder if it's a router setup issue or if they just lie. My modem can get speeds up to 340Mbps and my router no question can get fast speeds(R6700v3 Netgear). I am using the 5Ghz Network it's faster then the 2.4Ghz network anyway. When I take a speed test I max out at 110Mbps. When I go into the properties of the network card it says Link Speed 150Mbps. So what could the issue be? How come the 2.4Ghz network is so slower? That tops of around 45Mpbs

Solution
WiFi is very susceptible to environmental conditions.

House construction, distance, interference from the neighbors.
Is the microwave on?

And yes, they mostly lie.
Performance numbers on the box are theoretical perfect lab conditions. Your house is not that.

For me, anything that can be wired is wired. The only things WiFi are those which do not have an ethernet port.

USAFRet

Titan
WiFi is very susceptible to environmental conditions.

House construction, distance, interference from the neighbors.
Is the microwave on?

And yes, they mostly lie.
Performance numbers on the box are theoretical perfect lab conditions. Your house is not that.

For me, anything that can be wired is wired. The only things WiFi are those which do not have an ethernet port.

Solution

cuse165

Honorable
Aug 18, 2015
I agree with you you most likely won't get the speeds you pay for. Also with WiFi being so pasty. But a lot of computer companys are taking away ethernet ports