Wifi super slow on my laptop but fast on other devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane_8

Prominent
Jul 30, 2017
I got my laptop fixed recently, and i dont know for sure if he did something that wouldve affected my wifi adapter cause since then, the internet on my laptop has been SO SLOW. Higher ping, laggy on browsers, and it keeps bouncing from high ping to HIGHER ping. It's so annoying.

My router is fine, the internet speed on my phone and other pc is fast.

Any ideas on how i can make it fast again?I got my laptop fixed recently, and i dont know for sure if he did something that wouldve affected my wifi adapter cause since then, the internet on my laptop has been SO SLOW. Higher ping, laggy on browsers, and it keeps bouncing from high ping to HIGHER ping. It's so annoying.

My router is fine, the internet speed on my phone and other pc is fast.

Any ideas on how i can make it fast again?

EDIT: I already tried restarting both the router and my laptop, and reinstalling my network adapters.

Have you tried connecting via Ethernet and see if it works well that way? It is possible the WiFi card is going, so I would try this first.

Also, try accessing other WiFi. Not just your home one, and see if it works there. If it works fine elsewhere, I would then contact your ISP.

Kane_8

Prominent
Jul 30, 2017
Thank you but I already figured it out. The guy who fixed my laptop accidentally fucked my Wifi adapters thingie. So i just bought another d-link wifi adapter that i connect to my laptop. So now it's faster than ever ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.