Status
Not open for further replies.

serialkiller

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Hey guys.

I have a wireless usb modem stick which connects to pc.

I have a d link wireless router which dont have any usb or whatsoever.

I want to use the usb stick net in my mobile through that router.

The usb modem is a 3G CDMA usb modem which doesnt have any simcard in it.

I have a pc with more than recommended settings.

The router is d link n150 wireless router and dont have any usb sockets on it.

I want to use the usb stick net from that router from my mobile phone.

i have samsung galaxy s2 and sony ericsson w8 phones as well as few other phones and laptops.

Please help me as soon as possible as i have less time i appreate the effert to help.

Thankyou in advance. and i am a bid amature in this sector. but i know my hardware well.

I you can suggest any links please do the same.

Once again thankyou. :D

Solution
Okay, I think that I have it now. You have a 3G USB stick and a data plan that is running out of time. You have no Internet connection to your router, and want to use your phone to connect through the USB 3G stick.

If that is the case, attach the USB stick to your computer and install any needed drivers, attach your computer to the router (which is already done), then to into your computer network control panel and select the two networks -- the Ethernet adapter and the 3G stick and with both highlighted right click and select bridge adapters. Once you have bridged the adapters, the Internet connection will be shared to the router so the phone can attach and make a connection. Make sure that when you bridge the adapters, neither...

RealBeast

Titan
Sorry need to clarify, the PC connects to the D-Link router via a wireless card and you want to extend that connection to the USB card so you can use mobile phones and stuff?

If so, then you would either use ICS (Internet connection sharing) between the PCI wireless of the PC and the USB wireless that is in ad hoc mode to attach to your phones or you could bridge the two adapters in the network control panel, which basically makes the two networks a single network. Is there a reason that your phone cannot connect to your DLink directly?

Please clarify if I'm not getting your question. Thanks.

serialkiller

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
I totally confused you and are into it.

See i have a pc which has the internal default intel gigabyte lan port or ethernet.

I have a dlink wireless router which is connected to this pc by an ethernet cable.

My phone gets connected to the wifi router but i dont have any modem to actually have any net connection to that network.( the net provider i use just sucks so i removed it and have no wired net connection.)

i have a 3g usb stick. i can only use this usb stick on my desktop and laptop but not on my mobile phone as it is a phone and doesnt have a usb in port( and usb stick only supports linux windows mac os ) .

The usb stick does not have any sim card or is not removeable as it is cdma. if it was a gsm i could just have put that sim card in my mobile and would use the net. but i cant do i need help .

If you could point out any thread website or an application i would appreatiate it.

I also would ask the question in a different method.

If you have a pc which is connected to a local network like lan then the pc you are having has net. and you want to acess that net from another pc in that lan network. how can you do.

I have tried switching on let other pc use your network.

I am running windows xp,7 and windows 8 consumers preview as well as ubuntu 11.10.

Thanks from replying and appreate your work and intrest.

Thankyou. due to guys like you toms hardware is a well known and most live forms.

I to post in here some times in the systems section. so if you have any problem in your pc hardware pm me.

I any confusion or dont understand i will simplifed it even more. but my time is running out and so does my data plan.

Goodbye. :)

RealBeast

Titan
Okay, I think that I have it now. You have a 3G USB stick and a data plan that is running out of time. You have no Internet connection to your router, and want to use your phone to connect through the USB 3G stick.

If that is the case, attach the USB stick to your computer and install any needed drivers, attach your computer to the router (which is already done), then to into your computer network control panel and select the two networks -- the Ethernet adapter and the 3G stick and with both highlighted right click and select bridge adapters. Once you have bridged the adapters, the Internet connection will be shared to the router so the phone can attach and make a connection. Make sure that when you bridge the adapters, neither has ICS selected (a check box on the adapter page) as that will mess up the bridge.

Solution

serialkiller

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
when i select both the connection i dont get any option like bridge or status. but if i right-click one option it has a brige connection option. what should i do. i did as you say.

the techineque is proper but the bridge only supports when 2 lan ports or high speed internet connection should be use to bridge.

help. and you have understanded perfectly.

thanks.

RealBeast

Titan
You have to select both adapters (like with two ctrl-clicks) and then right click on one -- the only option that should appear is Bridge connections.

Any two (or more) adapters can be bridged -- I often bridge virtual adapters to wired or wireless physical adapters, also I have bridged wired to 4g wireless cards in laptops to share a signal.

RealBeast

Titan
I don't know of any bridge software, it has been a standard part of Windows since at least XP.

On each of the adapters if you right click it alone and choose properties, on the sharing tab is the ICS box unchecked? To bridge you cannot have ICS checked.

Also are you logged in with administrative privileges?

shakermaker_joel

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012

The USB dongle internet comes under the category of Dial-up connection whereas the Local Area Connection (which is nothing but the the ethernet connection from the wireless router) comes under the category of LAN or High-Speed Internet.

Now the bridging method you are asking us to to do is being rejected by windows showing an error that you need at least 2 LAN or High-Speed Internet connections to bridge. In other words, A Dial-up connection can't be bridged with a LAN or High-Speed Internet.

If you know any other alternative, please do put it up. Would come really useful...

Thanks.

Billy_75

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012

hi, i have the same problem but i don't have any router .... can i or maybe as a way to change my computer wireless to share without a router ... or maybe you can give a name of a software which can make the job...

Thanks, Reply me at bigboy8819@gmail.com

venu619

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
D-Link DWR 512 Router is all what you need

It consists of Ethernet ports(used for LAN) & RJ 11 ports(used for WAN) and also a SIM card slot which supports 2G & 3G networks.

Thank You.

Nvidia Geforce

Reputable
Aug 6, 2014
yes,it is very much possible.follow the steps...

1.connect the usb modem to the usb port of ur computer
2.take a 2 way cat 5/cat 6 ethernet cable.plug its one end to the LAN of ur pc and the other to the WAN port of your router.this makes ur pc the main server.
3.connect to a 3g network.and enable ICS for that network.
4.configure your router and u will go wireless.

but ur pc always needs to be on for doing thing as it is the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS