[SOLVED] Wifi to ethernet to router to wifi and ethernet :D

Apr 7, 2019
Hey guys,
I have 2 pc's in my room and my router is on the other side of the house as there is no internet socket in the middle, and i am only getting a signal which delivers me a speed of 0.3mbps down and 0.1mbps up while our internet is 500mbps(advertised).I also have an unused laptop. I am wondering, can i get good signal AND ethernet(because 1 pc in my room doesn't have wifi) by simply placing the laptop in the middle of the house and downloading connectify on it(yes i have the pro license), making a wifi repeater, closing the lid, and permamently connecting the power adapter to it, and with it, and connecting my secondary router in my room, that i will connect to the wifi repeater making another wifi repeater, and also transforming the wifi signal from connectify to ethernet, so i can connect both pc's to the internet without connecting a cable running through the entire house? Yes, i know that will make 3 wifi's in my house, but anyway i can rename them to "Private", "Guests", and "Main".
My main router is a upc horizon tv box (POLISH)and secondary router is a TL-WR740N (tp link)(POLISH).

Solution
If you bridge the adapters in the network control panel of the "bridge" laptop you may be able to get an adequate signal, assuming that the wireless signal is sufficient at the location that you place the laptop. You will need to set the 2.4GHz channels used to 1, 6, and 11 -- the three non-overlapping channels.

A better alternative may be to get a pair of AV2-1000 or better powerline adapters to attach the primary router to the secondary router set up as an access point.

RealBeast

Titan
If you bridge the adapters in the network control panel of the "bridge" laptop you may be able to get an adequate signal, assuming that the wireless signal is sufficient at the location that you place the laptop. You will need to set the 2.4GHz channels used to 1, 6, and 11 -- the three non-overlapping channels.

A better alternative may be to get a pair of AV2-1000 or better powerline adapters to attach the primary router to the secondary router set up as an access point.

Solution
Apr 7, 2019

Will a fritz power line adapter work? and will they also make a WiFi signal? what do you think about the speeds that I might get while doing this setup.I also need a cheap solution, thats why I wanted to use the things I already had.

RealBeast

Titan
Will a fritz power line adapter work? and will they also make a WiFi signal? what do you think about the speeds that I might get while doing this setup.I also need a cheap solution, thats why I wanted to use the things I already had.
The Fritz model 1220E or similar will work well but you will have to attach your TL-WR740N set up as an AP. I'm not sure if Fritz makes a model that has wireless built in on the second unit, but it would be more expensive than using your TL-WR740N.

Most people get just below 200Mbps with any decent AV2 powerline adapter, including that Fritz model.

Apr 7, 2019
Alright, I think that would be the ideal solution but right now I need to save up for a powerline adapter.
I just finished the setup I mentioned first , laptop gets about 150mbps(speed test . net) and in my room, speed test . net shows 70mbps. the router connected successfully and I connected both of my PC's through Ethernet, and they get about 50-60mbps while wifi got me 43.2mbps with the phone on the router and 38.7mbps when on the edge od the room.I now have my room wifi, Ethernet for the pc's and the laptop sits on top of the cupboard. The "main" wifi is what my parents use, "guests" is for guests and for connecting to my room router and i named my room router "Oskar"(my name).basically got wireless Ethernet now.

Seems like you've gotten a solution that works for now. When it starts having issues and that gets annoying, powerlines should plug in and be running in 5 minutes with at least the same speeds.

If you have cable wires, you should also look into moca adapters because then you can have full speed to your room via moca.