[SOLVED] WiFi turning off when I turn on devices connected to Slinglink powerline adapter ?

Jan 12, 2021
I have a ASUS AC3100 RT-AC88U WiFi router that I use for all my household devices and then have set up a power line connection with Slinglink Turbo W1 that goes out to my garage for my two mining rigs. I set it up this way because the wireless connection can be spotty in the garage and it also give a faster ping then WiFi generally did out there. From there I use a D-link DES-1105 desktop switch to split the Ethernet to the two rigs. I am not worried about having high internet speeds out in the garage since I don’t need much for the rigs out there.

I have had this setup running smoothly for over a year, but now when turn the rigs on it for some reason disconnects my WiFi connection. If I go and reset my WiFi router to get that working then my power line connection stops working. So basically I can’t run my rigs if I need to use WiFi. Does anyone have any suggestions for things I should try to fix this problem? Any help would be appreciated!

Solution
With the Sling disconnected from the router, I would work backwards from the garage, checking status lights as you connect each device toward the router. I assume no power changes have been made to the Slings like unqualified power strips in the garage.

JohnMGotts

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020
With the Sling disconnected from the router, I would work backwards from the garage, checking status lights as you connect each device toward the router. I assume no power changes have been made to the Slings like unqualified power strips in the garage.

Solution