Wifi turns off after sleep

Mar 8, 2018
Hello. So i recently just bought a new gigabyte laptop (Q2532N) and over all it runs very well. The one problem i have with it is that when ever i put the computer to sleep or shut it down, the wifi turns off. Its not much of a massive problem - I just press Fn + F2 and it turns back on - but more that it annoys me that i cant fix it.

The wifi card is a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002wb-1ng

I've tried changing the driver so that the box that is next to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is unchecked.

I've tried updating drivers directly from gigabyte's website and trying to update it via the windows auto driver update.

After that, I'm stumped. Usually I turn to forums like this to try and find a solution if i run out of ideas but it seems that no one else has had the problem.

Thanks in advance.

venom4013

Reputable
Feb 14, 2018
Check under power options in control panel.

Change power plan settings -> Changed advanced power settings -> Wireless Adapter Setting (see if there is any setting that will solve your issue)

Mar 8, 2018
Thx for the reply venon4013, i checked the settings that you suggested and i could't find anything related to when the computer sleeps only settings that effect what power mode it is on (battery/plugged in)

Jan 31, 2019
someone posted this list of solutions in the link below.

https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-wifi-is-not-connecting-after-sleep-or-hibernation/

I have the same issue and its annoying cause unlike you, I cannot reactivate Wifi again. the only way is to restart my laptop (hence forcing me to save and close out of everything every other morning)

I tried unchecking Power Saving Mode for Wireless Adapter but it didnt help.

Now i just tried Additional power settings and Change plan settings. Then expand Wireless Adapter Settings, then again expand Power Saving Mode. In the two modes there: ‘On battery’ and ‘Plugged in.’ changed both of them to Maximum Performance.