Wifi upload speeds more than wired upload speeds...help

KDSINGH

Reputable
Oct 26, 2014
view
My Phones give out a wireless speed of 16mbps download and 8mbps upload but my pc over the LAN does it 40mbps download and 3mbps upload...I want to twitch stream but those bad upload speeds don't help, Its definitely not the isp as I have good speeds on all my wireless devices but pc is bad. What do I do ...please help.

ALSO TRYING SPEEDTEST ON MY MACBOOK WIFI GAVE THE SAME RESULTS WIFI GETS 5-8mbps upload while lan gets under 3mbps

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eO8ta2jezjN9ZlusStTBVpjaHhMqRAHB/view?usp=sharing

also, I tested on a tethered hotspot connection, upload speeds look promising using that with 4mbps speeds

I also notice it takes time to start uploading it doesnt upload for a while ..the purple line in the image

Can you list your router brand and model number? Does your PC (Ethernet) plug into the same router that is suppling the WiFi or do you have multiple boxes?

My guess is that there is some kind of QoS (Quality of Service) algorithm running on your router. Generally, if one device tries to upload a bunch of data it will swamp the connection and make using the internet painfully slow for other devices. To combat this, routers will sometimes have a bandwidth limiting or priority based QoS running. It's kind of like everyone gets one small piece of cake rather than someone grabbing the whole cake. The issue is that with your desire to twitch stream, you want a bigger piece of cake. Depending on your router/setup, you might be able to give your PC more priority or more bandwidth. You can look for QoS setting on the router configuration page. Also look for WMM in the wireless part of the setup. With the router information I can advise you better.

As an afterthought ... there is also software out there that runs on the PC in an attempt to accomplish the same thing. Are you running Killer Network Manager software or Asrock XFast Lan or anything like that?