Question Wifi Usb adapters

May 6, 2019
Somewhere our phones do not have any data plan . That place has a desktop with internet connection . No wifi card builtin and sinceIt is an ALL in one computer we cannot install pci wifi card. We can only have wifi adapter or dongles on a usb port.

How safe is to create a hotspot using a dongle . If i use vpn over wifi to connect to the company's network , is there any chance of vulnerability ?*

Also , keep in mind the wired internet is LAN based and the company is reluctant a bit that using dongle will expose the network to sniffers.

Can they hack through the adhoc network created by the dongle into my our LAN* ?*
What kind of adhoc network is created?
Can it be used to hack the pc only or the LAN can be hacked too ? I do not understand the layers involved.
Please provide suggestions.

Thanks.

If the company provides wireless just connect to the wireless.

It will be much simpler to just connect a router/AP to the company network via ethernet and then connect your PC to the AP and your phones to the AP via wifi.

Using your PC to accomplish this just makes it messy. All you are doing is converting your expensive pc into a cheap router. If you really want to do this look at microsoft site for ICS.

Both methods are a great security risk to the company network. Mostly because their security is now based on your skill to set this up securely. You not even knowing how to do it means you are not likely qualified to do this.

Your best bet is to get the company IT guys to put in a AP solution themselves. Wifi itself is not a security risk if correctly installed.

May 6, 2019
I do not need basic stuff which you have posted.
It is not about knowing or not knowing how to install it. My concern is if LAN is hackable or only the pc.We are convern LAN internet into wireless.

What is IP scheme ? What are layers involved.

Can i access LAN through my wireless channel?

I know about routers .We can't get them.

Thanks