Question Wifi VERY low download speeds - something is limiting it?

Jun 10, 2020
Hello! So I recently discovered my download speed should be anywhere between 100-430mbps and on my new PC, it usually runs around 10-20mbps. So clearly something is wrong.

I have done every test in the book and tried all the solutions that I have read or heard about. I've restarted my pc, my router, did a clean install of my network card, updated every driver on my computer, looked up issues with the network card, motherboard, etc. Also contacted the Intel support to figure out a way to fix the Network Card. Nothing is helping and its apparently the most unique issue in the world.

Ethernet works, but because its through a different Network Card, but also can't connect to Ethernet because I am 3 floors up from the router. However, I have tested my PC next to my router and it still has the same result of below 20mbps.

My Network Card is: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
My Motherboard: Gigabyte A320M-S2H-CF

I will also attach an image of my connection through Command Prompt with the command 'netsh wlan show interfaces' and my wifi status while connected to my 5.0GHZ network that doesn't work suddenly.

My 5.0 network did work until today when I updated everything, it was slow at 10-20mbps but still worked and connected to internet, now it shows its connected with internet but won't even load a browser. However, my 2.4 connection still works, pretty slow still at 10-20mbps but connects to internet and loads browsers.
I don't know what to do, please help in anyway possible.

I have also ordered some ethernet extenders, that arrive on Thursday. They don't have great reviews but just figured i'd try them to see if they could help my issues.

TLDR: My internet is great, but my computer is somehow blocking my download, and 5.0 stopped working suddenly, and 2.4 is working subpar. Should have download of 100-430mbps but only getting 20mbps max.

ISP: Xfinity
Router: Xfinity Wireless Gateway ARRIS TG1682G | Model number: TG1682G

Computer: Cyberpower prebuilt -
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H
Graphics Card: AMD

View: https://imgur.com/APuK5d4
<- Image I mentioned I would attach above of the screen showing my mbps and still not connecting.

Lutfij

Titan
Out of curiosity, how is the network card installed in your system? Via the PCIe expansion slots? I think the limitation you have is this
I am 3 floors up from the router
3 floors would be roughly 30 feet, which would easily be covered by a Ethernet cable as opposed to a wireless signal having to travel through media and loose data(IMHO).

Also, are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Which version of Windows 10 are you on at the moment?

Jun 10, 2020
Out of curiosity, how is the network card installed in your system? Via the PCIe expansion slots? I think the limitation you have is this

3 floors would be roughly 30 feet, which would easily be covered by a Ethernet cable as opposed to a wireless signal having to travel through media and loose data(IMHO).

Also, are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Which version of Windows 10 are you on at the moment?

Yes the network card is installed into the PCIe slot! Also I tested my computer right next to my router, as in moved my pc next to the router and it had the exact same issues, and sometimes even worse mbps. Also I'm not sure my dad would approve of having an ethernet through the house lol!

I'm not sure what BIOS means, but I saw it yesterday when I was looking to update the motherboard. I updated my motherboard with Gigabytes website and used an application to update ALL of my drivers on the computer.

Also my windows version is the most recent update, Windows 10 Home, Version: 1909, OS Build: 18363.836

Thank you for your response