• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Wifi Very Slow on New Zenbook 14 UX434FL

Jul 2, 2020
Hi guys,

Wondering if someone can help me out here.

I recently purchased a new laptop, an Asus Zenbook 14 UX434FL. Laptop is running great except for one thing, the wifi speed is extremely inconsistent. I do not have this problems with any other machine or device in the house and I am absolutely puzzled as to what the problem may be. One minute i'm getting download speeds of over 60mbps the next, I'm running slower than dial up. I have tried running this on a metered connection, disabling and even uninstalling the wifi device but no luck. If anyone can help me out, i'll be extremely grateful. I'd really rather not have to take the laptop back to the store as I've already loaded it up with stuff, but if nothing fixes it, I guess that'll do.

Here are some details on the wifi adapter and network:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS