[SOLVED] Wifi VS Wired + and issue

johnr283

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2013
My PC is connected to my router using a wire. I recently had a pronlem downloading photo albums from SnapFish.com. Its seem I can download them through Wifi but not through my wired connection. The download option disappears from the sites menu when wired.

Additionally, Is Wifi as good as a wired connection? Will I be able to reach the same speeds? I have 100mbs cable internet, but they say they're upgrading to 200mbs.

My Router is a Linksys Model 1200
My router is from my ISP, It's from Hitron Technologies, Model E31N2V1

My PC is currently wired. On my Wifi I have 2 PS4's, 2 phones, watch and a tablet?

Last edited:
Solution
That's what I figured. According to Linksys, the E1200 has a 802.11n standard, 10/100 Mbps ethernet speed and Up to 300 Mbps wireless speed, so I should be fine for now.

I don't know what to do with SnapFish. They told me the problem is on my end so they couldn't help.
What is the speed you pay the ISP for?
Your router being 10/100 simply means you have an old router.

That 300mbps is a theoretical max, only between you and the router.

johnr283

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2013
Wired to your router is almost always better than WiFi.

The "download option" disappearing is something else.
The site in question does not know how you are connected to the router.

That's what I figured. According to Linksys, the E1200 has a 802.11n standard, 10/100 Mbps ethernet speed and Up to 300 Mbps wireless speed, so I should be fine for now.

I don't know what to do with SnapFish. They told me the problem is on my end so they couldn't help.

USAFRet

Titan

What is the speed you pay the ISP for?
Your router being 10/100 simply means you have an old router.

That 300mbps is a theoretical max, only between you and the router.

Solution