Discussion Wifi wireless extender building to building

May 12, 2019
We have finally finished our cabin for family and guests to stay in that is about 200 feet from our home in the mountains. Our home is adobe so the walls are about 14" thick and covered in stucco. Do you think we can use one of the wifi mesh extenders from our home router to a router in the cabin to give us streaming services. We don't need any gaming stuff.

My guess is the thick walls of your house will block the signals extremely well. If you had windows facing each other MAYBE you could place the units in the windows and they would work. Otherwise you look at point to point outdoor bridge solutions. I would agree if you can do it even if it is a lot of effort I would use the ethernet. It is actually simpler and more reliable. It is just a lot of dull work burying the cable.

We have finally finished our cabin for family and guests to stay in that is about 200 feet from our home in the mountains. Our home is adobe so the walls are about 14" thick and covered in stucco. Do you think we can use one of the wifi mesh extenders from our home router to a router in the cabin to give us streaming services. We don't need any gaming stuff.

Bury an ethernet cable or use an outdoor directed wifi antenna which can broadcast a couple km. Problem is they are a couple thousand.

Get an ethernet cable rated for inground in wall use. Otherwise youll void your homeowners insurance.

Its easy to bury a cable using an electric powered edge cutter. I burried our garden lighting that way. Black and decker makes one that will cut up to 2" to 3" deep into the earth. Thats more than deep enough for low power.

https://www.blackanddecker.com/prod...2-amp-2in1-landscape-edger-and-trencher/le750

Last edited: