[SOLVED] WiFi working but the Ethernet's dropping out every 10 Minutes.

Apr 28, 2020
The WiFi works fine but the ethernet's dropping out every 10 minutes for a few seconds. it's been bugging like hell. I reset the settings. performed entire setup from scratch. Didn't work. Tried anything the internet has to offer. Some forums say they changed the router but didn't work. Before I blow 100-150 bucks on a new router; thought to ask you guys for solutions. It's not cable issue. I have two pc's. Two are facing the same issue. Thanks guys.
I use TP-Link (TL-WR941ND - 450Mbps)

Solution
Not really unless you want to just buy a new router from somewhere that you can easily return since both machines have the same Ethernet issue.

I would just buy a longer Ethernet cable to make the connection possible before buying the new router though.

RealBeast

Titan
It does sound like it is a router issue -- that is an older router, how long have you used it?

To make a final decision, attach one of your computers to the modem at a convenient time (as that will be the only device with Internet access) and see if you have any issues for say an hour, if not that will decide the issue is in the router.

RealBeast

Titan
Not really unless you want to just buy a new router from somewhere that you can easily return since both machines have the same Ethernet issue.

I would just buy a longer Ethernet cable to make the connection possible before buying the new router though.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS