Question Wifi works but ethernet doesn't ?

Mar 2, 2021
My router got reset and now my wifi works on all devices, but the ethernet connection does not work on my PC.
My pc doesn't have a wifi adapter so I haven't been able to try that. I've done everything I can think of for the past 4 days but to no prevail could anyone help?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is it that you've tried, so we don't repeat ourselves? You might want to include the make and model of your wireless router. If it's an aftermarket router, check and see what firmware version it's on at the moment. As for your desktop, can you share your build's full specs?

You might want to try swapping cables on the router that runs to your desktop's Ethernet port to rule out a faulty cable. You could also try and see if the NIC is flagged with a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Mar 2, 2021
That you so much for helping out been trying for days.
Specs
Asus tuf b450
Zotac 1060 6gb
Intel i5 8500
16gb 3200
And I have a shaw bluecurve router.
My pc says it's connected with sent 3000b receiving 7000b
I've tried dns flush, boot in safe mode (still no internet) ipconfig/release and renew all that stuff.
Tried a new cable, hard reset the router and pc did a network reset on my pc got fed up did a factory reset on my router and pc still nothing. Tried turning off ip6 still connected but no internet. I think that's everything

Mar 2, 2021
That you so much for helping out been trying for days.
Specs
Asus tuf b450
Zotac 1060 6gb
Intel i5 8500
16gb 3200
And I have a shaw bluecurve router.
My pc says it's connected with sent 3000b receiving 7000b
I've tried dns flush, boot in safe mode (still no internet) ipconfig/release and renew all that stuff.
Tried a new cable, hard reset the router and pc did a network reset on my pc got fed up did a factory reset on my router and pc still nothing. Tried turning off ip6 still connected but no internet. I think that's everything
Also tried changing the address to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4